Every year on “Pi Day” (3/14 for anyone who doesn’t know!) I make a pie. Makes sense.
This year I went back to an old favorite, Chocolate Covered Katie’s Deep Dish Cookie Pie. But, as I went to go make the pie, I realized I was out of like half the ingredients. I didn’t feel like going out and getting the rest of what I needed, so I made do with what I had, and it ended up turning out AMAZING. So here is what I made:
Cookie Pi Day Pie (adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie)
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup steel cut oats (the original recipe calls for quick oats-not steel cut-so you can use whatever you have!)
- 1 1/4 cup greek yogurt (I used vanilla because it’s what I had but you can use plain as well)
- 2 scoops vanilla Shaklee Life Shake
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 10 inch round or springform pan with cooking spray. Blend everything except the chocolate chips in a food processor or high powered blender (like a ninja or vitamix). Stir in chocolate chip. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 32-35 minutes. When the top is golden brown, it’s ready to take out of the oven. Let cool completely before cutting into slices. Serve alone or with whipped topping or your favorite ice cream!
*The original recipe is SO GOOD and so feel free to make that one, I just made something with what I had in my kitchen but I love CCK and her recipes are all amazing!