I don’t need to write a big long explanation of why hot cocoa is awesome for both children and adults, or why it’s the perfect addition to snuggly socks and a holiday movie, or why there is really no need to buy store bought cocoa mix when it’s super easy to make at home. So I won’t! Because you all know all of that. On to the cocoa!
This cocoa features Shaklee’s Life Energizing Shake, which means that not only are you getting a rich chocolatey treat but you are also getting clean protein, omega-3, and pre-and probiotics in every mug! So when I say enjoy, I mean it! Because your body will enjoy this as much as your taste buds!
- 2 cups milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1/2 cup Shaklee Chocolate Life Shake (I used non-soy)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (or any sugar or sugar substitute that measures cup-for-cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate (I used 70% cocoa)
- pinch of sea salt
- Mix milk and chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk or wooden spoon until chocolate is melted.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined and heated through. Do not boil, just warm until creamy and no chunks of protein remain.
Pour into mugs, top with marshmallows (I used Dandies vegan marshmallows) and enjoy!!